Coaching will provide you with an environment that is supportive, encouraging and objective to put you on a path of movement and direction.
Why hire a college coach?
- You are stressed and uncertain about where to start and what to do.
- You desire more support than your school is able to provide.
- You could use someone to assist in creating a plan.
- You would like to see how your interests align with others who are in satisfying careers.
- You have difficulty finding time to address college majors or future career due to life’s pressures, busy schedules or family dynamics.
- You need clarity in setting goals and taking action to achieve them.
Students, you can benefit from working with a college coach if YOU:
- Could use tools to move forward and evaluate possible future careers in a safe, supportive, encouraging and objective environment.
- Are ready to take ownership of your future.
- Need someone who is nonjudgmental and will listen to you and encourage you in your hopes, worries, aspirations, and dreams.
- Could use help to identify, clarify and formulate the steps to achieve your goals and the barriers, which stand in the way.
Parents, you can benefit from your child working with a college coach if:
- You are stressed and uncertain about how to help them.
- You are getting resistance from your teenager and want to support them to move forward.
- You are having a difficult time getting your child engaged and they are willing to speak to a third party.
- They have no idea what they want to do.
- You would like to see how your child’s interests align with people who are in satisfying careers.
- They have been focused on going into one area of study and suddenly they are changing direction.
- You want them to share their concerns, aspirations, and dreams in a safe, supportive environment.
- You want them to invest time to explore careers.
- Would like someone who will assist them in planning and holding them accountable.
- You love your child so much and will do whatever you are able to in order to help them in their future.
As an objective 3rd party by, I :
- Meet with students and/or their parents individually to discern where they are and what their needs are. I am able to do this in person in Rochester, NY, FaceTime, Skype or phone.
- Administer and interpret the Strong Interest Inventory.
- Help students begin to take ownership of their future.
- Give homework that leads the student to gain more clarity and direction for their future.
- Allow parents to step back as the student takes appropriate steps towards greater independence.
As a result of coaching, the student is on a path of movement and direction.
I would love the opportunity to come alongside you, your student or recent graduate and explore how I may be able to work with you during this very important time of life.
Watch this short video and learn a little more about the Strong Interest Inventory:
Contact me at 585.329.8094 or firstname.lastname@example.org and let’s set up a time for a free consultation to see how I may be of service to you.
I can’t tell you how much our talks over the summer helped! It got me focused and ready to start thinking about my future. I’m so excited as I’ve decided on majoring in Communications and I’m confident that this will lead me in a great direction as it is such a broad major with so much to do! It is really great to truly reflect on the progress that I have made! I know that there is still more to come with the whole college process but I really want to thank you for all that you have done for me! Being able to talk to someone that wasn’t my family (a.k.a. someone that wasn’t stressing out about trying to get all this done in time) really helped me to take a step back and look at what I needed to accomplish. Thanks again, Cara